Bigduke forgot his password and login for the website (go figure) and has submitted this post for me to put up. I have to admit, reluctantly, that it’s pretty well put together. There’s some “smart” to this smart ass after all! Well, here goes…
I decided to write a post about a topic, and a phrase that upsets me the most…”Just wipe it”. I know that failing during raid encounters will help people learn from their mistakes, but failing for hours on the same boss fights will slowly kill morale.
When morale has been destroyed, several different things start to happen
- Pug’s start ninja logging
- People try to find the person they can blame for the wipe’s
- People may blame their computers
- Opaug frequently goes afk to look up the best zerging strategy (or pass out from intoxation)
The best way to counter morale killing is to go into the raid with an understanding of the fights, so you aren’t “that guy” holding everyone back. There is also many cheap ways to make your character perform their roles better. For the most part, the majority of raiders that I run into are aware if the items that I have listed below. <One Knight Stand> is a casual raiding guild that occasionally kills shit :). Before the raid invites start going out on our raiding nights, take some time to think about what else you can do to help benefit yourself and the raid.
- Buy a damn flask. 1000 int, agi, str, and spirit(1500 stam) is a major boost and is mandatory for raiding
- Use potions. Pop one right before the pull, and hit one during the fight. If everyone in the raid group did this on every boss fight, the raid group as a whole would gain a 40,000 major stat bonus for 50 seconds. It is a major dps boost, especially if macro’d with your cooldowns or during timewarp/hero.
- Contribute feasts or food items to make them. A 2750+ stat bonus spread out between a 10 man raid team is significant and cannot be ignored.
- Enchant your gear! I’am not asking you go out and buy the top end weapon and bracer enchants, but you should at least have windsong/colossus on your weapon, and +170 stat on your bracers
- Gem your gear properly. If you have questions on how this should be done, ask in guild chat, or pst Opaug or Bigdukesix.
- Reforge your gear every time you get an upgrade. Everyone has theories on reforging, but making sure your are capped on hit ( and expertise if melee or huntard) will dramatically increase your dps.
- Upgrade your gear. At this point in the expansion, everyone’s main raiding character should not have an item that is under ilvl 471. Upgrading a heroic ilvl 463 item costs 1500 justice points, but the stat gain from upgrading these last blue items you have will increase your overall performance(A little bit of something is a whole lot better than a lot of nothing). If you are into pvp’n and have a surplus of honor points just laying around, it is still possible to trade them in for justice points at the old cata gear vender in Stormwind.
- Run LFR weekly, or at least the 2nd half of heart of fear, and terrace. The tier set bonus brings a nice boost to dps. The sha touched weapons with the legendary gem are nice to wield, and bosses hate it when you hit them with it.
- Use DBM. Turn up your game sound and listen for the noise that means “You are affected with something!, get away from everyone fast!. I know I once wiped a group because I was too focused on my uber complex feral kitty dps rotation, and I failed to move out of the group.
If everyone in the <One Knight Stand> 10 man team were to bring their A game, I believe we would be capable of being a top 10 guild on the server. Even though we are no wheres near being a top 10 guild on the server, I could argue for days that <One Knight Stand> is the #1 casual raiding guild on the server that occasionally kills shit!